GH Winter League
The Celtics League @ the Grasshopper consists of:
- 15 weeks of Saturday 5v5 games against teams from 10 clubs, including Celtics. All games on Saturdays between 8 am and 4 pm.
- Ages run U8 through U14, boys and girls.
- All players must have a medical waiver on file. Click here release and waiver of liability.pdf
- No cleats at the Grasshopper.
The Grasshopper is located at 4170 Madison St, Hillside, IL 60162.
Grasshopper League Expectations
The league was founded on Player Development and, as such, all participating organizations have agreed to:
1. A controlled environment where the highest importance is placed on an individual player’s growth.
2. No pressure to win games. No standings are kept, but scores are recorded during the games to encourage competition.
3. Emphasis being placed on control, ball movement and technique, which is ideal preparation for the spring season. Raw physical and athletic ability is less of a factor in the 5v5 format.
1. Referees will be a mix of experience and youth; we are looking to develop the next generation of local referees. We are asking our referees to only use caution as a last resort. Education of players, rather than a caution, is encouraged.
2. Coach & Parent Etiquette should speak for itself. However, we do ask that you place stewardship of the game as a high priority while at the Grasshopper. For instance, be patient with our younger referees as they are learning their trade; we hope that this league will be a foundation for these younger referees who are of high school age to allow them
the confidence to continue regularly on the local soccer circuit in years to come. The benefit to us long term is that, from a player’s perspective, they will have a grounded understanding of the game, and will quickly become experienced at a relatively young age.
3. Coaches are also asked to be responsible for parent behavior and commit to a high level of decorum.
4. Roster movement within an age group is perfectly fine to ensure enough players are available for each game.
5. We hope that your club/organization & families enjoy this unique indoor experience and that your players improve exponentially over the course of the winter season. These are our two main objectives.