College Placement Program
The LG Celtics College Placement Program (CPP) assists all players and their families with the college application and recruiting process.
We will assist in generating a list of schools to work with, provide seminars, and focus on making the process easy and enjoyable. In addition, we know not all players will choose to continue to play soccer in college and have designed this program to provide benefits for any player going through the college selection and admissions process.
The College Placement Program will foster and develop relationships with university and college programs to create a consistent avenue for LG Celtics’ players to achieve their goals.
First XI and College Placement Director - Dan Cross
The College Placement Director’s role is to help parents and players navigate the process through online resource guides, quarterly workshops, ACT/SAT test prep, and individual consultations.
Dan Cross has an extensive background in college soccer. His college coaching experience includes:
Men’s Soccer Head Coach at the University of ST. Francis 2016- 2023
Head Coach Women’s Soccer at Richard J Daley College 2015- 2016
Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach at Saint Xavier University 2013, 2014
Assistant Men’s Coach at Illinois Institute of Technology 2012 Season.
Assistant Men’s Coach at Elgin Community College 2006, 2007
With his knowledge of the college circuit and what coaches, scouts and schools are searching for, we urge all committed players to work with Dan in mapping out their continued playing career.
The College Placement program has 6 phases for preparing and assisting our high school players with the college recruiting process. We sponsor seminars, provide resources, and work individually with players through each of these 6 phases.
Phase One: Establishing a Timeline & Self-Assessment
Phase Two: Understanding Recruiting Resources & Self-Marketing
Phase Three: Effective Communication – Emails, Phone Calls, and Face-To-Face Visits
Phase Four: Campus Visits & Exposure – Official vs. Unofficial Visits, Tours, ID Camps, & Showcases
Phase Five: NCAA & the Rules – Eligibility Center, ACT/SAT Tests, & Scholarships
Phase Six: The Decision – Selecting the Right School & the National Letter of Intent
- Individual Consultation, Advising, and Assessment: Set Up Your Appointment Here
- Seminars and Workshops: Find Information on the Next Seminar Here
- ACT/SAT Preparation classes: Club Specific Classes Sign Up Here
- ACT Test Date: Click Here
- SAT Test Date: Click Here
- College Combines: Find Information on the Next Combine Here
- College Showcases: Find List of Upcoming College Showcases Here
- Online Team and Individual Profiles: Link to Team Pages on Website
- Online Recruiting Resources: Link to Online Recruiting Resources and Tools
Communication to college coaching staff
- Set up phone calls, meetings, school visits etc.
- Assistance with highlight films and video profiles upon request
- Active and current logs of player status, choice and selections
- Help with scholarships and financial aid
College Placement Program Director contacting each and every coach that is on our players list to
help promote that player and provide and gain feedback.
- Support, Education, and Guidance on becoming College Ready Players